Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Rinda's Second Mom....

Hello, I am Rinda's 2nd mom.
The names and places in this blog have been changed to protect the GUILTY, and NOT to embarrass the innocent. When I met my stepdaughter she was only seven years old. She said that it was "love at first sight" between she & I. Within months she asked me if she could call me "mom". Surprised but delighted, I told her yes that I would be honored, but that out of respect for her "Real Mom" I told her it would be best to call me her "Second Mom". That is how I became 2nd mom to Rinda. We became extremely bonded to each other. When kids at school asked her who I was, she proudly stated, "Oh that's my 2nd mom, she's really nice". As time went by, she began to ask me questions like "Do you promise to always be my 2nd mom even if you and my dad split up" I assured her that my commitment to her was permanent. I told her that nothing could ever come between us. I was wrong, oh so wrong. But back then I had no idea of the devastating force of parental alienation. Back then I had never heard of the term "parental alienation". I had no idea that over a course of time that parental alienation would destroy our lives, break our hearts and make happiness an unattainable goal in our home.

No comments: