Friday, April 10, 2009

Attorney: A Four Letter Word ????

Let me ask you, IS the word, attorney a four letter word in your house? How about the word, lawyer?

At our house it is !
We just refer to it as the A-word or the L-word. The very mention of the Family Court System and it's many players causes the tension level to rise in our home. We weren't always this way. My husband used to the be poster boy for "trusting the system". He truly believed that if you do the right thing and you follow all the rules that it will all work out. It's been a hard lesson for him to learn. At this stage, after 8 years, he is now what I consider to be a non-believer regarding the whole legal system. He has lost all hope that there is an attorney/lawyer out there that will actually care about our daughter's life and future. He no longer believes in the system.

I, on the other hand NEVER DID..... My background gave me early experiences to understand the failure of the family court system to rule in the best interest of the child. I was the one 8 years ago that said that ATTORNEY IS A FOUR LETTER WORD....one of the most offensive, vulgar words in the dictionary. But as life has a funny way of switching things around, I am now on a major mission to find the RIGHT ONE.....attorney that is. I know that there HAS TO BE a person that is practicing law in the State of Texas that CAN and WILL help us. So, I've been researching, calling, emailing and setting up appointments with attorneys in the city in which our daughter lives. Being out of state, does make it a bit more challenging but by no means impossible.

After spending three days interviewing attorneys in the city. I am exhausted. Driving back home, I had a lot of time to think about it. I wanted to narrow it down to the best 3 so that my husband can re-interview the final three to pick one. Unfortunately I couldn't even pick three that I thought MIGHT BE THE ONE. I have only two lined up for him to see. Hopefully one of those two WILL BE THE ONE.

AGAIN, Anyone with any suggestions for an attorney in the Dallas/Ft.Worth area ????

This will be our final round....We plan to put all our chips on one number, spin the wheel and let it ride...... Wish us luck, I am sure that we will need it.

No comments: