Friday, October 16, 2009

Have I Lost My Mind ?

I turned 49 years old the other day. Even though Rinda typically ignores my text messages I decided to text her. After all what did I have to lose, it was my birthday and maybe just maybe she would take that in consideration and actually say HELLO or HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

I sent the following text to Rinda:
"Rinda...Today is my 49th birthday & my 9th birthday without you. Will you grant my wish and say something nice to me? Love you still & miss you always


This was her response:
"No, because it's not true. How can I miss much less love someone who is trying to take me away from my mother, my home, my friends, my school, the place that I love and grew up in?
Have you lost your damn mind?

Feeling like I'd been kicked in the stomach, like most of her messages make me feel, I was determined to answer her back. So after a couple of minutes I sent her the following text:
"I haven't lost my mind yet but you have broken my heart AGAIN, but I forgive you. Someday you will learn the power of forgiveness (Maybe before it's too late?) Thank you for your kind words for my birthday. I know you have a good heart.
I love you still"

I'll answer the very important question of "Have I Lost My Mind ? " in a future blog post.

No comments: