Friday, May 8, 2009

A Letter To Rinda From Katie G....

Hello Rinda, My name is Katie and I know your stepmom L. I actually call her Aunt L. because she is like family to me!!!

I am NOT here to save her or defend her put her on a pedastal...I am actually here to try to get through to you in her place!!! She loves you very much and talks of her sweet Rinda often, she actually even has a scrapbook of various pictures over the years of you and the memories that she has shared. I don't know the situation at hand and I am not going to pretend that I do, all I can tell you is whatever is keeping you and your dad and stepmom apart is going to leave emotional scars on all your hearts!!!

Let me explain...I use to alienate my own father...for many many years!!! I did not have contact with him for almost 10 years, he missed out on soo much and I missed out on a father figure and that bond that only a father and daughter can share!!! To this day, we both still blame each other for the separation. It was miscommunication and lies fed to each other from outside sources though, to be honest. I did not become close with him again, until I turned 19 and got married and became pregnant, now we talk almost everyday and I make it a point to go see him on the weekends.

Divorce has devastating effects on a child's mind, body and soul. Those effects linger on years after the pain has "stopped" or been covered up. I was brain washed by my mother and was told absolutely HORRIFIC stories about my dad and vise versa!!! The older I got I was able to weed out the truths and lies and make my own assumptions, just the way you are going to have to do.

I can not stress the importance of family enough to you!!! Family can keep us grounded in tough times and keep the ring of sanity from breaking. Family is the backbone to life and the shoulder we can cry on long after our friends have faded.

There is also another topic that I must stress*** The importance of forgiveness*** This is by far the toughest to accept and I understand that, I HAVE BEEN IN YOUR SHOES ! ! ! One day, your father and stepmom will no longer be on this Earth. Time is flying by us sooo fast that we often overlook it's importance!!! One day it will be too late to forgive, to say I love you, and too late to even say goodbye!!!!

Don't let time pass you by Rinda!!! You are loved rather you hear it or realize it, THEY LOVE YOU AND MISS YOU!!! You are their baby and always will be !

*** Please find it in your heart to reach out and take the hands that are being stretched out towards you!!! Take notice Rinda, please before it is too late!!!

Have a good day and I wish you and your family all the best in life, happiness and love!!!

Katie G.--22 yrs.old

No comments: