Wednesday, May 13, 2009

A Letter To Rinda From Rindas2mom

Rinda,

You emailed yesterday and asked me why your Dad filed for full custody and is going to court next Monday ? I could give you the long answer as I did in the 8 page, single spaced, typed letter that I wrote to you back in 2007, but instead I'll give you the short answer: BECAUSE HE LOVES YOU....and because he is still your Dad. And as your Dad, it is still his responsibility to guide your life in a positive direction

You keep reminding us that you'll be turning 17 years old in June. Yes, my love, we know your birthday all too well. It is 26 days, 13hours and 58 minutes from this moment. When you were taken from us in May 2001 (just a couple of weeks before your 9th birthday) until now has been TWO THOUSAND NINE HUNDRED AND 10 DAYS (2,910 days), 10 HOURS, 3 MINUTES AND 17 SECONDS. That my dear is a very long time.

By the way, for your 9th birthday, we had already gotten your Hamster Habitat, that you'd been wanting so badly. We still have it, stored away in the attic at the cabin. Thank goodness, that we didn't go ahead and buy the hamsters in advance or we'd have been taking care of them for all these years as we have had to do with your bunny rabbit. By the way,sorry to tell you but Wuzzy died a few years ago and we buried her in our pet cemetery here at our place.

Yes, my sweetie, we have recognized and honored your birthday year after year for the past eight birthdays. Some years, I'd bake your favorite Dark Chocolate Fudge Cake. But every one of those birthdays we commemorated your special day without you. And most likely, we will continue to be separated for this next birthday as well.

Seventeen.....it certainly does have a special ring to it doesn't it. What a beautiful young woman you've grown up to be. Even though as far as you are concerned, we aren't your parents and we have no value to you, still, we love you so much and no matter what, we will never give up on you ! ! ! !

1 comment:

Rindas 2 Mom said...

I thought that you should know that Rinda "normally" won't communicate with me or her Dad. It's been over 6 months since I've received a single word from her despite my weekly emails and text messages.

Everything in me, wants to respond to that email she sent. I want to tell her AGAIN, none of this is her fault and tell her that I know everything will work out. I totally understand how it must seem like the end of the world to her to think that she might have to come to live with her Dad and I. Despite all the things I have to say to her, I MUST wait and see what the attorney wishes us to do in regard to what information to share with her. SO, for now, I'll keep on blogging and holding my breath !